Researchers in the School of Nursing and Psychology at Emory University are hiring a full time research assistant for a newly funded NIH project on child health outcomes (with a focus on autism and obesity). For more information or to apply for the position, please send your CV to email@example.com.
Position Description: The Research Specialist, Lead, will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary research team conducting child health research in the Emory Child Study Center to investigate the role of early life exposures and child growth and development (including neurodevelopmental outcomes). The position will involve interfacing with children between the ages of 2 and 5 years of age and their mothers at the Emory Child Study Center and occasionally in their homes. The position will involve the following duties:
* Interfacing with the study PIs, Research Coordinator, and Pediatric Research Nurse on a regular basis to develop, implement, and monitor adherence to research protocols and standard operating procedures for the research study;
* Coordinating and conducting research activities related to the psychological and developmental evaluation of children between the ages of 2 and 5 years using a battery of standardized assessments in accordance with the research protocol;
* Collect, compile, and analyze data related to psychological, developmental, and behavioral assessments;
* Following up with research participants in accordance with established protocols, which may involve coordinating staffing or scheduling encounters;
* Maintain research records, which may include entering data into research data bases;
Minimum Qualifications: A master’s degree in education, psychology, social work or a related field. An Education Specialist degree in School Psychology or a relevant PhD. One year of directly related experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience working with toddlers and preschool children and their parents; experience administering the ADOS; experience working as a member of a multidisciplinary research team.
Job Postings for Graduate Seniors and Alumni
These postings have been obtained by the Psychology department, which have been published for those who have already declared a major or minor in psychology at Northwestern. Please take a look at Canvas for most up to date postings.
Graduating Seniors and Alumni Job Postings